Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Potty Training Update 4

So...things have not been going so well. I know that is expected, but what happened was poor little Lily got a weird rash, the kind of rash that even the pediatrician could not identify, and so Lily was prescribed an antibiotic and special powdered soak. The rash covered a good part of her bottom and thighs, so whenever she'd have an accident, it would become irritated. This was no good.

So, my focus instead went to making this nasty rash go away, and I tried as much as I could to stay on track with encouraging her to use the potty, but with the amount of accidents she was having versus successes- and by successes, I mean the one time she made it to the potty and got part of her BM into it -it just became clear it was not the right time to put potty-training pressure on her. Now, at this time we are taking a break until the rash is completely gone and I feel she is ready to give it a go again.

I am still asking her if she needs to go and if she wants to try the potty, and sometimes she's into it, sometimes she's not. I'm trying to be patient because, if you saw my last potty training post, you probably noticed my patience was thinning. But, that's not fair to Lily or me, so we are taking it slow again. I tried diving right in, but maybe that's not the way it's going to work for my girl. 

I hope I'll just know when she is ready, or that she'll tell me. That would make things a whole lot easier

2 comments:

  1. This one takes a bit of timing, and a lot of patience: as soon as you see the signs, get your child to the potty/toilet as quickly as you can (you might need to lift them up and run!), and put them on the toilet seat. Sit with him reading or with an iPad or whatever until he goes. Huge applause and reward. Repeat until the connection is made. I have found some good pottytrainingapp from searching google. You may try this apps for become a special potty trainer for your sons. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one takes a bit of timing, and a lot of patience: as soon as you see the signs, get your child to the potty/toilet as quickly as you can (you might need to lift them up and run!), and put them on the toilet seat. Sit with him reading or with an iPad or whatever until he goes. Huge applause and reward. Repeat until the connection is made. I have found some good pottytrainingapp from searching google. You may try this apps for become a special potty trainer for your sons. Thanks.More brilliant tips here… pottytrainingapp

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...