Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TTFN

Well, hello there. You may or may not have been wondering where I went to. I assure you, I am fine, but did get extremely busy with my life outside of this little blog.

The holidays were crazy busy, as always, and time could just not be made for my little blog. We had a lovely Christmas though, and I'm happy to say that one of the many gifts Paul and I received was Lily finally starting to regularly use the potty! YAY! Literally, on Christmas Eve, she told us she had to go, and go she did, and she has been going on the potty and wearing panties every day since. Next we're moving on to nighttime training! (can't wait)

Christmas!
Guess who's using the potty like a big girl?!
  
Just a few days before New Year's Eve, Lily came down with what we thought was a bad case of the flu, but turned out to be RSV + bronchiolitis. A visit to the ER when her fever reached 104.2 turned into a three night stay, and we celebrated New Year's Eve in PICU. Yay.

In PICU :(



But, my little sweetie has fully recovered and things are all back to normal around her. One thing that's happening right now, though, is my job is really starting to pick up. Every day has to be devoted to me furthering my career now (at least until Lily is home from daycare), thus, with that being said, I have been taking a break from blogging.



I don't know for how long it will be; it may be for just a few months...or it may be indefinitely. I am not setting any expectation for it, because if there is one thing I have surely learned time and time again- especially after having to spend a holiday in the hospital with my child hooked up to various machines to help her breathe -you just never know what will happen, no matter what plans you make or expectations you have. Life will always do whatever it wants to do, and all we can do is prepare for it the best we can.

At Valentine's Day party at her daycare
Having fun on a snow day

I want to take this time now to thank all of you who have been reading my blog since the beginning and supporting me, and everyone who has read, commented, linked-up, or supported me in any way here. I have made so many amazing bloggy friends from all around the world, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I'm very sad that this has to happen, but it just does. My mind has been made up, and this is one of those less pleasant resolutions that is for the best, at least at this time.

A pre-bday visit to the aquarium
A sighting of the rare Lily Seal

Who knows- I may be back sooner than I think and I may just start posting every once in a while when I have a new recipe that is just too good not to share, but I will not be hosting any hops anytime soon. Sigh. I always liked doing those best :(

My focus has to be on my career and my family right now, and hopefully in between all that I can squeeze in some me time. 

Thank you all SO MUCH for every awesome blog post you've linked up at Sweet Saturday or Meatless Monday; thank you all SO MUCH for all of the thoughtful, intriguing, sweet, and often funny comments you've left over the past 2 years; thank you all SO MUCH for continuing to visit even when I did not update it; thank you all SO MUCH for the awards, shout-outs, and praise. I feel so fontunate to have found this awesome community of bloggers and I will not soon forget you all. I plan to follow many of you via subscription now so I can keep up when I have the time :)

My only sunshine


 Today it's this little sweetie's 3rd birthday. 
Happy birthday, Lily!

   

23 comments:

  1. Oh, Jessica what a scare. I've been in the hospital with my son for a serious infection that took 3 intravenous antibiotics to clear it up... so frightening. Your daughter looks wonderful and healthy, thank goodness.
    I will miss your healthy recipes let me know if you return to the blogsphere. Good luck with your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to the RSV and bronchiolitis my 2 year old spent the night in the PICU the last week of January for the same thing. It was a very scary time for me. Best of luck to you Jessica and Happy 3rd Birthday to your adorable daughter!
    Take Care,
    Bridget-What's Cooking in the Burbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Lily is back to being healthy and Happy! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You represent Mommyhood and the Working Mom, quite a package. I firmly believe that blogging is wonderful but it is something we fit into our lives and not our lives fitting into blogging.

    You are a wise person. Be proud.

    Thanks for sharing with us and if and when you return, be sure to share the news. For now, enjoy and grow in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a scare! Poor darling. Glad she is all better. Sweet pictures. You take care and enjoy your break. I took a few months off and really enjoyed it. Blogging will always be here. Childhood will not. That's how I see it at least.

    Be Well,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Lily! So sorry you had a health scare with her. I bet that was so frightening! Poor thing. I'm happy to hear your career is taking off! It is hard to make time for blogging when your life is full, but hopefully we'll still hear from you every now and then :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so sad to hear, but I can completely understand you taking a break from blogging after such a scare. Glad she is ok now. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll miss you, but good luck with your career. I'm retired and I would have never been able to blog and manage a busy career at the same time. I completely understand and I know others do too. The good thing about is that you can always return if you want to later.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking about you the other day & wondering where you were. So glad that Lily is fine, and YAY on the potty training!Good luck with your career! Take care!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad your little girl is ok and thats the main thing. Enjoy your break and know all your loyal readers will still be here should you ever wish to return

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you and your family and healthy... and happy. Take a break from blogging, and when you are ready to come back... LET US KNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Jessica!
    First of all, let me wish a very happy birthday to Lily!
    I belive that period when she was sick and in hospital was very stressful to you nad your husband. I agree that you need some extra time for your family, and career, of course.
    I was missing your link parties, and I was comming over to your blog many times to see if something have changed, actually I thought that something went wrong with my reading list :(
    I am glad that Lily is doing fine now, I see she is perfectly happy and healthy little girl, that's what really matters!
    So... untill we meet again...
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad things are back to normal and your family is healthy and definitely happy! Have a great break. We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thought you might be interested in the new FoodFacts.com Baby & Toddler Nutrition Guide, designed to help parents make the healthiest food choices for their little ones. You can find it here: http://www.foodfacts.com/foodfacts-baby

    ReplyDelete
  15. NES Health is revolutionising research into what actually controls the physical human body, the Human Body-Field. Leading-edge research in holistic medicine, biophysics, bioenergetics, and frontier biology is telling us that we are more than just our physical body.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My son spent 4 days in hospital for the same thing. Scary times but I am glad she is alright. Hope you come back to blogging soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. she is so cute. Daughters are so dear to us.. lovely ...
    http://recipeshindi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Jessica!You are saying right about this blog. Its very good info about health. Parents should try to feed baby solid food.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing.Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really helpful for us, thank you so much for sharing with us. Visit OGEN Infosystem for creative Website Designing Company in Delhi, India. Here you will amazing websites for your business t an affordable price.
    Top 5 Website Designing Company in India

    ReplyDelete
  21. GTA Caterer is a Toronto catering company that does corporate events, private dinners and lunch boxes. Creative menus and delicious food are our specialty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...