Friday, October 5, 2012

Sweet Saturday #23: Festive Fall Wreath

Poor little Lily is still not feeling quite herself, so she's home having a sick day again today :( She got sent home a little early from her school again yesterday with a fever; today the fever is pretty low, but I felt it was best to keep her home again anyway. She's happy as can be watching her favorite, The Little Mermaid, right now as I type this.

Today I'm sharing this easy-to-make fall wreath I created. It was quite simple...


I purchased the wreath a while ago, and have been reusing it each month to make a different wreath. Well, I made one for April and one for June...then this was the most recent one I finally made again for October! I'm a busy lady, what can I say? But, now that the holidays are upon us, I think I will be more inspired to keep up with changing it up each month. All in all, it cost me about $8 to make this heart-warming wreath. Not bad!

I wrapped the ribbon around the straw wreath, then affixed all the embellishments by either sticking the stems directly into the straw, or attaching it with wire. I do this without glue so I can use the wreath over and over and not have to buy a new one. 

I mentioned in my last post that I am moving towards changing up the layout here. I'm kind of "over it", and my blog is about more than just eating healthy and recipes now, so I think the general look should reflect that. The name will be the same, of course, but I don't know how the rest will look. So stay tuned and don't be surprised if next time you visit, things look different!

I have also decided that in light of the fall season that has already been full of Halloween crafts, pumpkin treats, costume ideas, and other fall-inspired blog posts, I will feature the top 3 most clicked on Sweet Saturday link that is fall-related now through November. I will then continue this trend season-to-season as long as this link party keeps going! Too much fun stuff gets linked up here each week for me not to share :) It is my favorite thing about Friday, truly!

Now on to the features!


When I saw these cookies from What's Cookin' in the Burbs, it was no wonder they had so many visitors! The perfect Halloween treat with fun and festive decoration :)


Speaking of wreaths, how cool is this one from Made in a Day? I especially love the crows and spooky white pumpkin!


Who doesn't like hot chocolate on a chilly day? Chocolate, Chocolate, and More offers a unique spin on a classic using white chocolate and pumpkin spice!

Thanks for sharing, ladies! 


The top 3 most clicked on overall were:


Now on to the party!!!

Just follow these simple rules:

1. Link up something sweet to really WOW us all- your blog, Etsy store, Pinterest, Facebook, whatever you want! 
2. Link-up as much as you want and please follow me if you are not already. Leave me a comment if you are a new follower so I can follow you back!
3. Hop around and say hi. 
4. Share my button to get more people to join us (not required, but it would be nice!)



Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting another party
    I hope Lily feels better SOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature and thanks for hosting! Hope your little one is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invitation and thanks for hosting! I think I want that white hot chocolate...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope sweet Lily is better soon. Thanks for the invitation and thanks for hosting. I've linked Creme Brulee.

    Have a great weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica

    First time follower via GFC (Harvest Hop). I hope Lily is feeling better soon.
    I love your wreath. Here in Australia we only put them out at Christmas, I know from visits to America we loved seeing them on doors all year round.

    I have a cheap Christmas one I've had for about 20 years and I also keep recycling it and jazzing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for Lily! Thanks for the lovely post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Thanks so much for the feature! I am all linked up again!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job with your wreath.
    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...