Friday, December 7, 2012

Sweet Saturday #30: Happy Holiday Wreath

This year has been the first time that I have gotten so into decorating for the holiday season since I was a kid living at home. Obviously, this is mainly because I have my own family now and I want Lily to get to enjoy all the fun things I did when I was a little girl. I have been having so much fun right along with her, too! This week we made some ornaments out of paper, glitter glue, and paint, and this weekend we'll finish up the Christmas table I've been working on for her (check back next Wednesday for that!). 

The holiday wreath, though, was all me :)




I love making wreaths :)

It cost me around $12 to make this one. I got the wreath base for $2 from Target, then the decorations came from A.C. Moore, Dollar Zone, and from my own collection of re-purposed materials. I love the little cardinals, they really bring a lot of cheer to me whenever I walk through the door...



Now it's time to see our most-clicked holiday features! 
 


Angela of Tartan Tastes in Texas shared this yummy holiday cake. It's no wonder this Scottish, spongy holiday cake with candied cherries was the most-clicked on. Thanks, Angela!


Winnie from Something Sweet shared these tasty little cinnamon treats. How hungry do those cute cupcakes make you?? Always a pleasure, Winnie!


Ana from carpe diem always has such creative ideas! Take a gander at this adorable under-the-tree nativity scene! What a great idea! Thanks, Ana!

And our most-clicked honorable mentions are:

 Banana Pancakes from Our Neck of the Woods (from last week's guest hostess!)

Thanks to everyone who joined-up last week! I loved reading all of your posts! So many great ideas going around! Grab a button below if you were featured!

Photobucket


Now on to the party!

Just follow these simple rules:

No guest-hostess this weekend- yeah, it's been one of those weeks!

1. Link up something sweet to really WOW us all- your blog, Etsy store, Pinterest, Facebook, whatever you want! 
2. Link-up as much as you want and please follow me if you are not already via GFC, Linky Followers, Networked Blogs, or subscription. Leave me a comment if you are a new follower so I can follow you back!
3. Don't forget to hop around and say hi!
4. Share my button to get more people to join us (not required, but it would be nice!)


Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby

It is officially Christmas time and I intend to post at least 1 holiday-themed post each week, along with the weekly Meatless Monday Recipe Hop and Sweet Saturday Link Party. Let's hope I can keep it together and stick to that schedule!

Thanks for stopping by, this little get together really makes the weekend even more enjoyable for me, and gives me the encouragement to keep my little blog going :) 

 

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, Jessica! Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute wreath! :) I love the cardinal. . .I almost bought some at JoAnn's the other day to get crafty with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting this blog hop. I can't wait to try out one of your recipes. Im one of your newest followers from the Aloha Friday Blog Hop. I would love for you to follow me back and check my blog out!
    http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica! Thanks for the invite. Sharing the Brown Butter Apple Tart. Having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting Jessica! Love your blog! <3 Heidi Rew from PartiesforPennies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for responding to the invite! Those cupcake toppers are too cute!!!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting again this week, and YAY my Cherry cake was featured, thank you, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU for featuring our nativity scene, Jessica! <3
    I am linking some more Christmas traditions!
    Have a great week,
    Ana@carpe_diem

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath is beautiful! I love stopping by the party and seeing all of the amazing recipes and projects.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, i'm your newest follower from the Aloha Friday blog hop, would love if you could come by and follow back and join my blog hop!
    Erica
    http://www.ericastartwalking.com/2012/12/sparkle-shine-holiday-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wreath, Jessica! Thank you for hosting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jessica! Just found you and your lovely blog ♥
    I'm no a follower and I couldn't help joining your linky party right away. Have a Sweet Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowww = what a great surprise to see my Snickerdoodle Cupcakes featured! Thank you soooooooooooooo much Jessica, I really am very honored ♥
    Thanks for another great party, and I hope you're having a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. New to your blog and following via Linky Followers. Glad to have found you! Thanks for the link up.
    Girlfriends Are Like Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. New to blogging and now following your blog on networked blogs. Love your blog and your badge is so cute, its now on my homepage!

    Leyla

    http://thisdayilove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That wreath looks awesome! Thanks for hosting, this week I brought my Butterhorn Rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute wreath! It's very festive. And I love your door! Hope you have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to my father who shared with me regarding this web site, this weblog
    is actually amazing. 휴게텔
    (mm)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...