Sunday, November 13, 2011

Meatless Monday: Mini Quiches


I got these mini phillo tarts for Thanksgiving the year before to make delicious-sounding apple-brie tarts, but when I gave the recipe a test-spin, they didn’t turn out quite right…as in the mixture seeped through the tarts. I did not have the time nor the patience to give the recipe a try again before Turkey Day, so I just had these phillo tarts laying around and finally decided to use them when Lily and I started getting that rumble in our tummies for dinner one night.

Mini Quiches

Ingredients

1 dozen mini phillo tarts
2 large eggs
½ cup chopped spinach
¼ cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp crumbled feta
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes over low heat, then add the spinach and sauté for about 1 minute more. Remove from heat and set aside. Meanwhile, in a somewhat large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add in the feta and mix, then add the sautéed spinach, garlic and onion. Set the mini phillo tarts onto baking sheets about 1 inch apart from each other. Gently pour or spoon egg mixture into each cup. Sprinkle a little bit of black pepper and shredded cheddar on top and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve with a spring mix salad or a light soup.


She doesn't look too sure about it here, but I promise she did like it!

"Here let me help you with that..."
 Lily really liked these quiches, and so did Paul and I. They’re super easy to make and you can obviously mix up the ingredients you put in the egg mixture to your liking. Kids will dig these too as they are cute and compact and fun to eat.

Normally I write a longer post and add some nutrition info, but as I said in my last post I have a lot of big projects to work on right now, so this is just a quickie Meatless Monday recipe I wanted to throw up. I hope you aren’t too disappointed! Happy Monday and I’ll catch you again on Wednesday (I hope!).

2 comments:

  1. Those sound delicious! I love how petite they are for the kiddos! I will have to try them. I would love for you to come and link up at my party. I have one every wednesday. You can still link up and enter the giveaway going on now too! http://www.literallyinspired.com/2011/11/what-you-talkin-bout-wednesday-party.html

    Hope to see you!

    Gigner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Ginger! I will def check out your link up this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...