Friday, September 7, 2012

Sweet Saturday #19: My Lily is Growing Up!

Last week I was leaned over the tub scrubbing some of Lily's bath toys that had gotten all cruddy. As I washed them, I wasn't thinking, "Ew, gross" or "This sucks" or "I'm always cleaning up after this kid!" I was thinking about how proud I am of her and thinking of all the amazing ways she has advanced and grown.

Earlier that day, she had said "please" for the first time. I have been trying to get her to say please for months, as in since she started talking about a year ago. Then, while we were leaving the mall, she sees these car pushcarts that you have to pay to rent and push your kid around the mall in (a total racket, if you ask me). And she says to me, "Can I go in car, please?" 

At first, it went over my head and I just pulled on her hand and said, "Not now, Lily, we're going home". Then I did a double take- "Wait, what did you say, Lily?" She just looked at me, so I got down at her level and asked her again. It took her a minute, but then she quietly again asked, "Can I go in car please, Mommy?" 

I was equally elated and a little upset, because I could not tell her yes. It was late in the day and I didn't even have cash to rent the things on me even if I wanted to, so I had to tell her, "Not now, Lily. Sorry, but we have to go home. Maybe next time." And she was such a good girl, she just took my hand again and we walked out the front door without so much as a whimper.

However, now I was fearful that she might not want to say it again since I had told her no. I feared it would cause a dreaded "negative association". But, lo and behold, later that night after I'd already put her to bed and Paul was getting home late from work, she woke up and started calling us. I suggested to Paul that he go up and check on her since he hadn't seen her, so he did, and he returned with a smile on his face, telling me, "She just asked me if she could have some milk, please."

♥ My little girl is growing up. I watch her in amazement as she climbs and plays and understands better than ever. It is truly incredible and wonderful to me.

making a wish

This week she started in the "older two's" classroom due to turning 2 1/2, so there's been a lot of changes going on. Not a whole lot of advancement in the potty training department, I'm sorry to say, but we're working on it and I'm being as patient as possible. 

I'll stop babbling now, and share with you all what I really wanted to share today- some art project highlights from her summer classes! On the second to last day in her "young two's" classroom, I received a handmade book called "My Summer Memories". On the cover were 2 orange handprints; they were Lily's. Inside, my heart grew and grew with each turned page...





Sweet note at the end of the book from her teachers. I know they write this in every book, but it really touched my heart...and prompted me to give them a box of chocolates as a thank-you ;)

These are just a sampling of some of the things she made there. Lily is really getting into arts and crafts lately, so I am considering doing an art project post maybe once or twice a month to show-off what we make together. It's so nice to see her creativity in motion. Feel free to share your kid's art and crafts projects on today's hop!

Also, I want to let you all know my Crab and Corn Bisque recipe is featured on Simple Living with Diane Balch's Foodie Friday! Hooray! Please stop by her blog to have a look, you will not be sorry! Her blog is one of my favorites!

BWS tips button 

 Lastly, I want to congratulate my little blog for reaching 200 GFC followers! Yay! Thank you, Supremely Divine Life, for becoming my 200th follower!


OK- now it's time for the hop! No guest-hostess today- sorry! I just didn't have time to organize that aspect this week. Just follow these simple rules:

1. Link up something sweet to really WOW us all- your blog, Etsy store, Pinterest, Facebook, whatever you want! 

2. Link-up as much as you want and please follow me if you are not already. Leave me a comment if you are a new follower so I can follow you back!
3. Hop around and say hi. 
4. Share my button to get more people to join us (not required, but it would be nice!)

Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby

Thanks so much for linking up, I really do love Fridays even more because of this :)





18 comments:

  1. New follower here.
    Thanks for the linky and I look forward to looking around.
    nancy-of the crazy 9
    http://nancyvnjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little girl is so sweet!
    I enjoyed reading this post

    Thank you for anther party and I wish you a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, what an adorable girl you have! I can only imagine how awesome it must be to see her grow and learn what you teach her :).

    Thank you so much for your comment today! And hey, I want to follow you on Blog Lovin', but the button you have here to the right links to another blog :/. I'll find you, though and I'll be linking up ;).

    Hope you have a great weekend! ;D

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    That's really cute, love to lily and her mix paint is grabbing my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica,

    Thank you for stopping by. I just linked up.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely art work from your daughter - I love the whole hand prints thing :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet miracle to watch children grow! Thanks for the great post & for hosting the linkup, & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a cool comment on my blog! I liked up and am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little girl sounds so precious! I can't wait until my little guy starts talking more. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww it is sweet when they grow and hit the milestones. I have a post on toilet training if you fancy a read.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting :) Love all the artwork! My daughters come home with the cutest things too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is amazing & fun watching kids grow. Congratulations on being featured & for 200+ followers. Thank you for hosting each week. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for your sweet comment about my blog. Your recipes are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the invite! i was out of town last week and wasn't able to link up! I will add you to my party list and link up this week! I also have a linky on Thursday, I would love it if you would link up to mine as well!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Would you mind posting a link to the hop here so i can be sure to join the right one? Thanks so much!

      Delete
  15. Such a lovely post. thanx for sharing you knowledge. you may also like Latest Tips For Everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely post. thanx for sharing you knowledge. you may also like Latest Tips For Everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments and always want to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...